[packman] No Miro package anymore?

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Mon Mar 18 07:51:05 CET 2013

su. den 17. 03. 2013 klokka 19.10 (+0100) skreiv Stefan Botter:
> > I have just upgraded to openSUSE 12.3, and noticed that Miro is no
> > longer available in Packman:
> > http://packman.links2linux.de/package/Miro
> >
> > Is there a reason for this?
>
> Simple reason: from 12.2 on xine librariy is named different.
> I have mended the miro package to compile on recent openSUSE's also.
>
> Please give it a try.

I have now installed the package, but launching it doesn’t work. I get
the same error message as when I try to run the application from source,
so it looks like the problem is that libwebkit(gtk) is configured to use
gstreamer-1.0 instead of gstreamer-0.10, and this causes conflicts.
libwebkit by default actually uses gstreamer-0.10, but the openSUSE
packages are configured to use gstreamer-1.0.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer
http://huftis.org/
Jabber: karl at huftis.org