[packman] How to set the osc

Marcus Hüwe suse-tux at gmx.de
Mon Jul 22 13:40:46 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-21 22:25:55 +0400, Kyrill Detinov wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 19:02:10 +0200 Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
>
> > Is there a documentation regarding using packman buildservice? If not
> > how do I configure osc to use it for packman in addition to the
> > default opensuse obs.
>
> Edit your ~/.oscrc file.
>
> [https://pmbs-api.links2linux.org]
> user=<packman_account>
> aliases = pm, packman
>
> Then run 'osc -A pm …'

This only works if you use gnome-keyring or keyring for managing
the user and pass _and_ the keyring has already an entry for the
pmbs api. In order to avoid some trouble osc can also do the work
for you:
- "osc -A https://pmbs-api.links2linux.org <some remote cmd>" (this
  will ask for the user, pass and will create the appropriate entry
  in the config).
- "osc config https://pmbs-api.links2linux.org aliases pm,pmbs"
  (this sets up 2 aliases for pmbs-api)

Marcus