[packman] Patented code

Togan Muftuoglu toganm at opensuse.org
Sun Jul 21 15:32:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

I need a clarification before I start building darktable. As you might already
know darktable is already in openSUSE distro for some time now. I am the
maintainer of darktable in openSUSE graphics repo.

Recently, an issue regarding darktable's use of patented code "squish library"
surfaced. Therefore, the offending code was removed both from the package and
sources and the latest stable version of darktable does not provide squish
library usage which compresses the thumbnails and speeds up darktable.

So my question is what is the policy of packman in enabling such code in a
package? If so I would provide a package with squish enabled both in binary
form and as source code in darktable.

Thanks

--

  o    .o.    o     o_    o_    _o     _o   ,_o      o_