[packman] PBMS state ATM

Mariusz Fik fisiu82 at jabster.pl
Thu Jul 11 22:47:50 CEST 2013

Dnia czwartek, 11 lipca 2013 16:10:22 Stefan Botter pisze:
> - start from scratch, have all users register again, and restore
> packages from src.rpm's, while cleaning up the projects, or

If we have source packages (I mean tarballs, spec and patches) we could start
from scratch. Re-registration shouldn't be a big problem for packman
packagers.

> - try to restore the api database through a step-wise update through
> 2.0, 2.1, 2.3 to 2.4 in the hope, that the data are preserved well.

But You can't be sure it will finally work...

Since upgrading pmbs to 2.0 by Pascal, no one carried to do maintenance work
(like build service upgrade). Now we can see how it ended up :(
What Can we do now to avoid such situation in the future?
--
Pozdrawiam / Best regards,
Mariusz Fik