[packman] 12.2-64 VLC lacks of wma-support

Wolfgang Bauer e9325712 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 25 13:28:30 CET 2013

Hi!
There was an incompatibilty between vlc (and others) and ffmpeg 1.1.
So ffmpeg has been downgraded to 1.0.1 in packman.
With ffmpeg 1.0.1 wma works fine for me again.

I guess your problem is, that the update-applet or zypper don't  downgrade
packages automatically. You have to do that by hand.
So, open Yast->Softwaremanagement, right-click on the ffmpeg package, which
should show its version in red, and select "update unconditionally" (Unbedingt
aktualisieren). If a conflict dialog appears select the options to downgrade
all of ffmpeg's packages (libav*, libpostproc, libswscale, libswresample).

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,
Wolfgang