[packman] mlt/melt/kdenlive

Christoph Walzer christoph.walzer at wcr-edv.com
Wed Jan 16 14:51:48 CET 2013

For the sake of simplicity we can leave kdenlive
out of discussion since the problem is
simply reproducible by playing an mp3 file
with melt.

Compiled mlt-0.8.6 from sources. Compiled
ffmpeg-1.1.git from sources -> same problem.

BUT: moving back to ffmpeg-1.0 (compiled
from sources) -> all is good.

What i saw is: building mlt with ffmpeg-1.0
links against libavutil51 while building
with ffmpeg-1.1.git links against libavutil52.

Anyway: it seems to be definitely a mlt/ffmpeg
compatibility problem, occuring since the new
ffmpeg release.

Regards,
C.