[packman] The broadcom-wl driver doesn't work anymore with my BCM4313 card

Oliver Bengs oliver.bengs at opensuse.org
Sun Jan 13 15:22:39 CET 2013

Am Thu, 10 Jan 2013 13:08:50 +0100
schrieb Németh Tamás <n at nyme.hu>:

>  I've installed your broadcom-wl-kmp-desktop package on an openSUSE
> 12.1 box. The wl.ko driver included in that package worked very well,
> until the latest kernel (and driver package) udpate.

The last kernel update on 12.1 was in July 2012, and the last
broadcom-wl update was in September 2012 with no changes to 12.1. When
did you detect the problem?
Did you blacklisted the modules b43 and brcmsmac?

I tested the driver today on 12.2 (kernel 3.4.11) with a BCM4322 chip
and got a stable 40 Mbit connection.

Are there some relevant infos in dmesg?

kind regards
Olli