[packman] The broadcom-wl driver doesn't work anymore with my BCM4313 card

Németh Tamás n at nyme.hu
Thu Jan 10 13:08:50 CET 2013

Dear Packman team!

 I've installed your broadcom-wl-kmp-desktop package on an openSUSE 12.1 box.
The wl.ko driver included in that package worked very well, until the latest
kernel (and driver package) udpate. Since then it can join SSIDs, but after a
few seconds data transfer ceases on the connection, therefore I had to revert
to the brcmsmac driver included in openSUSE out of the box. My card works well
with that driver, but ad-hoc, promiscuous and other exotic modes are not
supported. Did you include a new version of the wl driver or can it be a
kernel bug. Can you take a look at it?

Thank you in advance,

Tamás Németh
IT sysadmin