[packman] [PM] handbrake-unstable 0.9.8+4972-2.16 (openSUSE 12.2/x86_64)

Tim Gibson tdegibson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 22:15:15 CET 2013

I've been having problems with HandBrake for some time, stable will not
load subtitles from blu-ray movies and unstable crashes when I load my
blu-ray movies for transcoding.  I asked the devs about this when I use the
CLI version

HandBrakeCLI: libavcodec/h264.c:2777: decode_slice_header: Assertion
`!s0->current_picture_ptr' failed.
Aborted

And response was...

Are you building HandBrake yourself? If so, you need to *not* use
"--debug=max". Enabling "max" debugging also enables asserts() in libav.
libav has a few asserts() for cases that are common non-fatal code paths.
If you are not building yourself, you need to have a talk with your
packager.

Is "--debug=max" enabled?  I've only loaded the gtk and cli packages but no
debug ones trying to get this working right...

A bump to changeset 5092 would be cool but one problem at a time...

Regards
Tim Gibson