[packman] Mixxx and mp3 broadcasting

Vladimir Zlatic vajcek at orion.rs
Mon Feb 11 18:43:49 CET 2013

Hello,

I found this mail address on Opensuse Forum.

I have problem using Mixxx for broadcasting music. If I chose option "enable
live broatcasting" and start to broadcast, I got messsage:

"Mixxx cannot record or stream in MP3 without the MP3 encoder "lame". Due to
licensing issues, we cannot include this with Mixxx. To record or stream in
MP3, you must download libmp3lame and install it on your system.
See Mixxx Wiki for more information. "
This message suggests that I have not installed libmp3lame, but I have it.
Actually, I have installed libmp3lame0 in folder /usr/lib
Why I can not broadcast mp3 music? What else I have to install to make my
OpenSiSE 12.1 broadcast mp3 music?
Yes, I have installed OpenSuSE 12.1 (32-bit) operating system.
Thank you for answer my question.
Regards,
Vladimir from Cacak, Serbia