[packman] XBMC fix

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 27 08:23:44 CEST 2013

Hi,

sorry, I could have said something earlier ...

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 20:53:33 +0200
Mariusz Fik <fisiu82 at jabster.pl> wrote:

> Dnia poniedziaƂek, 26 sierpnia 2013 16:36:47 Guillaume Gardet pisze:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have made a SR to fix most XBMC builds. Is there an admin which
> > could
> review it and then accept it if all is ok, please?
> > This is SR#504 :
> > https://pmbs.links2linux.de/request/show/504
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Guillaume
> >

> I can see there a new BuildRequires:  libgpg-error-devel. Package
> failed to build for >= 12.2 due to:
> | [  104s] checking for main in -lgpg-error... no
> | [  104s] configure: error: Could not find a required library.
> Please see the README for your platform.
>
> But libgpg-error-devel package is available in OSS repository. Could
> You trigger rebuild of xbmc to check if it's gonna build on other
> worker?

It is _not_ libgpg-error-related. The problem arises from
libmysqlclient. There has been a security update for MySQL some three
weeks ago, which seems to have an odd behavior while installing. This
does happen on 12.2 both archs, and both 12.3 and Tumbelweed, i586 only.

I am trying to find time today to confirm the setup error and
(hopefully) file a bugzilla error against the security update.

I'll keep you posted.

Stefan

PS: yes, I know, hermes would have made this easier, but I did not have
time for this up to now.
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause
Bremen