[packman] nvidia-settings

Wolfgang Bauer e9325712 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Aug 14 20:36:52 CEST 2013

Am Mittwoch, 14. August 2013, 17:22:29 schrieb Ys:
> If you don't need it, don't use it.
I don't use it anyway, since I have a radeon card. ;)

But _other_ people (especially newcomers) install it because they use Packman
_and_ the nvidia driver, and see that nvidia-settings package, and think they
need it...

That's why I was bringing this up in the first place.
And I told people more than a dozen times now to uninstall it, have a look at
http://forums.opensuse.org ;)

Anyway, do as you please.

I think I explained my reasons for concern well enough.
And I proposed a possible solution (at least in my point of view) as well:
unpublish the package and just keep it on pbms for building other stuff...

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang