[packman] Why do we want lv2core in PM?

Mariusz Fik fisiu82 at jabster.pl
Mon Aug 12 23:54:12 CEST 2013

Dnia poniedziaƂek, 12 sierpnia 2013 23:52:09 Dmitriy Perlow pisze:
> Mariusz Fik <fisiu82 at jabster.pl> Mon, 12 Aug 2013 23:46:40 +0300:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw rq#478[1] today. Full list of BuildRequires contains:
> > gcc-c++, python, tree and pkgconfig. Why do we want such packages in
> > pmbs?
> > Maybe better option is to push it to obs[2] and maintain it there?
> >
> > [1] - https://pmbs.links2linux.org/request/show/478
> > [2] - https://build.opensuse.org/
>
> Hi. It is a build depp:
> https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/show?package=linuxsampler&project=Multim
> edia

If package in pmbs has build dep 'gcc', should we also ship it via packman
repository? If desired package/program/library is released on OSS license,
please use obs for its prupose[1].

As Cristian mentioned lv2core is deprecated, so anything that needs its
feature, should be built against lv2 which is already available in OSS
repository. lv2core is built in Essentials only for openSUSE < 11.4. For
anything newer, we should use lv2.

[1] - http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_application_blacklist
--
Pozdrawiam / Best regards,