[packman] ffmpeg and webm and firefox

Hartmut spieluhr at ewetel.net
Sat Apr 6 16:28:44 CEST 2013

Every now and then I convert one of my videos into webm-format for my
server. Those videos are played by Firefox, Chrome and Opera. Today I
converted another video in exact the same way and it is not starting in
FF nor can I start this video mannually. No picture is displayed after
displayed and I can start the video and it is playing fine.

So whats wrong? I tried converting a video already converted in December
with the line from history of bash, so the same material is converted in
exact the same way. result: video is not auto-playing anymore. So I have
to asume, that a new version of ffmpeg (and/or libs) is the reason. Can
anyone try the same and post the result here please. ..

Parameters are: -c:v libvpx -q:v 2 -s 720x576 -r 25 -aspect 16:9 -c:a
libvorbis -b:a 128k -ar 44100 -ac 2

Regards,

Hartmut