[packman] Video support in linphone package

Cristian Morales Vega reddwarf at opensuse.org
Fri Oct 12 08:10:29 CEST 2012

On 12 October 2012 06:43, Vadim Kotelnikov <vadimuzzz at gmail.com> wrote:
> In network:telephony project linphone is building without video support
> (--disable-video flag in .spec file). Perhaps, it is patent issue (ffmpeg).
> This can be done in Packman project? If you need an mantainer, let me know.
> If you think that patches should be send to network:telephony project, let
> me know too.

Probably it needs a maintainer that actually uses it, yes. It seems I
broke it.... 11 months ago!!! When fixing the build... for 12.1!!!
Until now I just though Linphone didn't have video support. This makes
PM-41 invalid.

But this happened because Packman had a fork of the network:telephony
package that never kept with the updates from the package in the main
OBS. So yes, the best thing would be to send the changes to
network:telephony so there is no need to fix the package here every
time they do an incompatible change there. Just make the problematic
parts %bcond and they will be accepted there.

Look at the output of "osc -A pm meta prjconf Essentials" to see some
%bconds that get automatically enabled in Packman.