[packman] Fwd: Re: [mythtv-users] DB Schema version?!

Herbert Graeber herbert at links2linux.de
Mon May 21 11:28:03 CEST 2012

Am 20.05.2012 20:47, schrieb Smartysmart34:
> i just upgraded my Suse 11.4 mythtv-backend with the packman-version of
> mythtv 0.25.
> Did the same for the remote Opensuse 11.4 frontend (mythtv-frontend
> version 0.25 from packman).
> Now the frontend refuses to connect to the backend because of a wrong
> db-Schema-version.
Backend and frontend are compiled together, so shouldn't be possible,
that they use different database schemas.
> The mythtv-mailinglist suggests I have NOT updated to 0.25 but master
> instead. Is it possible that the packman package delivers the wrong
> backend version providing a "too new" db schema?
Pascal lately has add a backported patch for unicable support. AFAIK
this resulted in a new database schema.

Neverthess frontend and backend should share the same schema version. Is
it possible your updates on the frontend and backend machines are of a
different kind, one with this patch, the other without it?

Herbert