[packman] A noise bug in gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3

dh mesamoo115 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 28 17:08:34 CEST 2012

-----------snip-------------

---------snip-------------

> gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3 ist not installed. I had also the problem,
> with the sound when I had installed the fluendo-mp3 package. I think
> Support for mp3 files is in gstreamer bad or ugly. I don't know where
> exactly. I think these to packages (fluendo mp3 and bad/ugly) doesn't
> agree with each other.
>
> Just remove gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3 and check if most of the
> packages above are installed on your system.

This solution seems to work also (as does switching to the opensuse provided
packages.)

I have since removed all (3) packages that were "fluendo" based and have run
into no issues, It seems that the real culprit was "fluendo-mp3" but until
something doesn't work I will assume that the other (packman provided)
fluendo packages are unnescessary for my needs.

I am still curious about why gstreamer-0_10-fluendo-mp3 from packman has this
issue though.

--
see ya
dh