[packman] XBMC 11.0

Sagi Ben-Akiva sagiben at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 09:36:56 CEST 2012

Hi all,

sorry for not answering to your emails, but 2 days ago I, finally, decided
to upgrade my PC to openSUSE 12.1.
It took more than 24 hours to download ~2100 packages and now I can't login
to my system (KDE crashes after login)
but this is a different story.

OK, so we will stay with xbmc as the package name.

Regarding libnfs, yes I think we should add it to packman repository,
I'm building it in my home project as well and it is ready to be submitted
to pm repository.
I decided to build it because I noticed that xbmc needs this package in
order to support NFS.
I think this package should be part of Essentials repo and not Multimedia,
what do you think ?

Thanks,
   Sagi.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 21:59, Mariusz Fik <fisiu82 at jabster.pl> wrote:

> Dnia poniedziaƂek, 26 marca 2012 23:59:49 Philipp Seiler pisze:
> > Hi all,
> > On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:10:01 +0200
> >
> > Mariusz Fik <fisiu82 at jabster.pl> wrote:

> > > +1 for keeping xbmc name for 11.0 release. There is no reason to
> > > rename it!
> >
> > If this build works correctly go for it. Do an submit
> > request ;) I want to see the changes.
>
> You use libnfs (during build) which is no available in Essentials or
> Multimedia. First, we need all required packages needed to build xbms
> ready,
> then we can push xbmc.
>
> I did own xbmc branch and now I'm trying to build it. If You can, plese
> work
> on libnfs and then submit request to Multimedia repository. If other
> packages
> are needed but missing - we need them first ;)
>
> > I've some speed problems with some mp4 (h264 codec) and mkv files.
> > The videos are played with twice the speed as the normal rate.
> >
> > I hope this gonna be obsolete with the new version.
> >
> > Sorry for bad english ;)

> > > Yes, it does.
> >
> > with 10.x it doesn't work on my maschine. (x86_64)
> > But when it works with 11.0 again, everything is fine :P
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Philipp
> --
> Pozdrawiam / Best regards,
> Mariusz Fik
> openSUSE Community Member
> GPG: 5FCE 7241 B3B9 32FD 455B C30E 42D6 6C88 9E83 7C3D

Sagi Ben-Akiva.

"... Keep on rockin in the free world ... " Neil Young