[packman] Amarok

Hartmut spieluhr at ewetel.net
Wed Mar 7 14:23:35 CET 2012

Am 07.03.2012 10:42, schrieb todd rme:
> Amarok depends on phonon for actually generating sound, the backends
> are handled by phonon. Phonon has an rpm recommends for a backend,
> which means a backend will be installed unless a user specifically
> overrides it. To make sure you have the necessary recommends you can
> always run: zypper inr

Thats the point: if Amarok uses Phonon, then Amarok should play, if
Phonon works. If Amarok does not play, nobody should tell to use another
backend, if the backend is working. So it is a bug in Amarok 2.5 ....
> If, as you said, you only use stable software, you should not use the
> xine backend, since it is unsupported and untested for the last few
> releases of phonon. It probably will not be in the next openSUSE
If eryery thing works fine since years with Xine as a backend, then Xine
is stable. I am the tester! My other old computer is build 1999 and it
is unsupported since now 10 years, but it is working fine and running
stable - so what?

Hartmut