[packman] [PMBS] SR 227 Essentials/ffmpeg

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Jun 12 21:02:23 CEST 2012

Am Dienstag, 12. Juni 2012, 12:37:42 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
> Manfred Tremmel <manfred at ...> writes:
> > I had big problmes in the past between incompatible ffmpeg
> > libs with the same so number.
>
> Please always report such problem either on ffmpeg.org/trac
> or via PM. I do not (easily) remember an ABI break.
> What I do remember is projects that use internal FFmpeg functions
> (that are not exported in private headers), I don't think
> there is anything FFmpeg developers can do about it...

It was a problem with a shared libswscale between ffmpeg 0.7 and 0.8, we
have discussed this about a year ago and libswscale has been changed
from libswscale.so.0 to libswscale.so.1 in 0.8 and all problems where
fixed.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/