[packman] live vs live555 and redland-bindings-1.0.14

Cristian Morales Vega reddwarf at opensuse.org
Wed Jul 25 17:46:51 CEST 2012

On 25 July 2012 16:27, Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh at linux.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 03:56:12PM +0100, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:

>> > $ ./check_package X11:common:Factory/redland
>> > # redland is up to date.
>>
>> They are up to date. And I'm going to delete the package from Packman
>> since that fixes the problem. But that doesn't mean you are linking
>> Tumbleweed's redland to X11:common:Factory as you said you did.
>
> Well, my scripts, as shown above, sure think that it is linked properly :)
>
>> If you have any good reason to link to KDE:Release:48 and that wasn't
>> just a mistake great, I am not discussing that decision. Just
>> informing.
>
> That's because it is the same exact package:
>
> $ osc cat -u KDE:Release:48 redland _link
> <link package="redland" project="KDE:Distro:Factory" rev="1" vrev="1">
> <patches>
>

> </patches>
> </link>
> $ osc cat -u KDE:Distro:Factory redland _link
> <link project="X11:common:Factory" baserev="3f8fba80afab3f422aba84faaa247f71">
>   <patches>
>     <branch/>
>   </patches>
> </link>
>
> So we are linking in the correct package into openSUSE:Tumbleweed, it just so
> happens that is the same package that is in KDE:Release:48 at the moment.
>
> So all is well, right?

Yes.
Really, I just told you in case you though you were directly linking
to X11:common:Factory. If you know you aren't and are happy with that
I don't see any problem.

I don't know if your scripts will help you detect problems if at some
point KDE:Release:48/redland starts to be different from
X11:common:Factory/redland, but that's up to you to handle. But just
in case your scripts depend on the output of those commands:
- KDE:Release:48 is linking to a specific revision of
KDE:Distro:Factory, when you do "osc cat -u KDE:Distro:Factory redland
_link" you are looking at the latest one.
- The output of "osc cat -u KDE:Distro:Factory redland _link" only
says the package was branched from X11:common:Factory at some specific
revision. It doesn't say if there are any differences between the
version in KDE:Distro:Factory and the version in X11:common:Factory.

So those commands don't shown the packages are exactly the same. But
since in this case they actually are the same, no problem.