[packman] Clean up PMOBS part 1: gstreamer

Detlef Reichelt detlef at die-mafia.de
Tue Feb 28 22:11:41 CET 2012

Am Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:18:37 +0100
schrieb Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org>:

> * we don't link from multimedia:libs any more, hence duplication
>   of work (arguably, there are issues in that repository, I've
>   tried to explain that to maintainers there),

No, we could link to multimedia:libs, if the maintainer of libXYZ on OBS
takes care about PMOBS!

> * "frozen" packages rather than "the latest": both options are
>   fine, but we always did the latter (ideally we'd have both),

Frozen only if we don't have a maintainer for the package.

> * I believe we should rather use different OBS _projects_ to do
>   that, rather than those weird package names.

Oh, not weird, easy to handle, every user see why we build a package on
PMOBS! Now i have to search for packages which are obsolete and
unmaintainded...

> On the latter: what about
>
> * Essentials-11.4 -> frozen uncrippled versions of what ships with
>                      openSUSE 11.4 (oss)
> * Essentials-12.1 -> same for 12.1
> * Essentials -> latest, built for 11.4, 12.1 and Factory
>
> For SLE11, I guess we only need a "Essentials-SLE11" and not
> build for SLE11 in "Essentials", as it's going more and more out
> of date.
>
> Dunno about Tumbleweed. It's not much different from Factory,
> hence only built in "Essentials".

Hm, for every $DIST a new repo is easier then 1140_libxyz? :D

Detlef