[packman] Issue with ffmpeg packages?

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Fri Feb 17 21:40:23 CET 2012

Am Freitag, 17. Februar 2012, 09:38:26 schrieb David Rosky:
> Hello,
>
> I am having an issue with packman ffmpeg packages on OpenSuse 12.1
> (ffmpeg + libavcodec53 + libavformat53, x86_64).  The problem is that
> if I run "ffmpeg -codecs", the audio codec pcm_s16 shows up as Decode
> only:
>
> D A D  pcm_s16le       PCM signed 16-bit little-endian
>
> However, if I encode a file from the command line using pcm_s16le, the
> codec really is there (the encoding for pcm_s16le works).
>
> The problem is that the MLT library (used by Kdenlive), "thinks" that
> there is no pcm_s16le encoder because ffmpeg reports that there is
> none.  This causes a lot of the rendering profiles to be broken.
>
> The reason I am asking this question to the Packman maintainers is
> because I also have ffmpeg on Ubuntu (Mint 12), and this problem does
> not happen there, ffmpeg reports that the pcm_s16le is supported for
> encoding, so the problem seems to be specific to the Packman packages
> for ffmpeg.

What ffmpeg version do you have installed on your Ubuntu version and
where did you get it? The packman ffmpeg version isn't patched, so if
the ubuntu/mint package has fixed the problem, there must be a patch
which fixed it. I

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/