[packman] [PM] mplayer2 2.0-4.21 (openSUSE Factory/x86_64)

Martin Herkt lachs0r at hong-mailing.de
Wed Feb 15 01:42:14 CET 2012

I think I’ve emailed you about this before, but I’d really like this package
updated already. This 2.0 release is ancient now, and has a lot of bugs that
have long since been fixed, as well as it lacks important features and
improvements (like high bit depth H.264 playback support). Most other desktop
distributions have more up-to-date packages available. Not to mention that my
mplayer2-specific fork of SMPlayer (SMPlayer2) has no more version checks and
is only compatible with the behavior of mplayer2 HEAD.

Please, use Git HEAD instead of the ancient stable release of mplayer2. It
would also be nice if your package made use of system libraries (it should
work fine with ffmpeg). For the recent changes to libav/ffmpeg’s API, there is
currently a separate branch (libav_api_update) which you should use until it
gets merged (which should happen very soon).