[packman] live vs live555 and redland-bindings-1.0.14

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Tue Apr 17 17:41:25 CEST 2012

On 2012-04-17 14:04:09 (+0100), Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf at opensuse.org> wrote:
> On 17 April 2012 13:48, Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org> wrote:
> >> And what the purpose of redland-bindings-1.0.14 for Tumbleweed??

> > Fixes the broken python-redland that is currently in Tumbleweed,
> > and which prevented the build of some packages (most notably
> > OpenOctaveMidi) because it was pulled in as some transitive
> > dependency.

> I see, redland-bindings should be included in Tumbleweed. Does Greg know?

It is, but it is some awkward combination:
* redland itself comes through a _link from some KDE repo
* redland-bindings (which python-redland spawns from) comes
  through layering (openSUSE:12.1)

$ osc ls openSUSE:Tumbleweed redland
_link
# -> KDE:Release:48 redland (a5676e767421fd689dc628e5d6d2f273)
baselibs.conf
redland-1.0.15.tar.gz
[...]

$ osc ls -b openSUSE:Tumbleweed redland
standard/i586
libredland-devel-1.0.15-2.1.i586.rpm
libredland0-1.0.15-2.1.i586.rpm
[...]

And the prj meta of openSUSE:Tumbleweed says:
[...]
  <repository rebuild="direct" name="standard">
      <path repository="standard" project="openSUSE:12.1"/>
[...]

$ osc ls openSUSE:12.1 redland-bindings
redland-bindings-1.0.13.1.tar.gz
[...]

The result is that python-redland (and the other packages that
spawn from redland-bindings) have a hard
Requires: libredland0 = 1.0.14
which is actually needed (I did it so, on purpose, after
experimenting a few options for redland-bindings a while ago
;)).
Problem is that as redland is oddly punched into Tumbleweed from
a KDE repo and with redland-bindings coming from 12.1, it just
doesn't match but the failure only shows up at runtime: as soon
as something requires python-redland, even as a transitive
dependency, as it is the case for some packages on Packman, the
build breaks as unresolvable because Tumbleweed doesn't have
libredland0=1.0.14 but libredland0=1.0.15

There is always a specific (well, one or two) upstream versions
of redland-bindings that fit a specific version of redland.
AFACS, redland 1.0.15 requires having redland-bindings-1.0.13*

Haven't told Greg about it yet, putting him in CC as well as the
other (listed) maintainers of openSUSE:Tumblweed.

Greg & all: I did an SR of redland-bindings to
openSUSE:Tumbleweed, which will fix the issue: 114198

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser
  /\\ http://opensuse.org -- we haz green