[packman] live vs live555 and redland-bindings-1.0.14

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Tue Apr 17 14:48:08 CEST 2012

On 2012-04-17 12:23:36 (+0100), Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf at opensuse.org> wrote:
> Are not live and live555 the same package? Why we have it twice?

Yeah, I packaged live555 by taking it over from dimstar's vlc
repo for vlc 2.0 and didn't notice that we had it already as
"live".
I'm switching things over to live555-devel instead of live, and
will remove our package "live" (and keep "live555") instead, as
live555 is much more up-to-date.

> And what the purpose of redland-bindings-1.0.14 for Tumbleweed??

Fixes the broken python-redland that is currently in Tumbleweed,
and which prevented the build of some packages (most notably
OpenOctaveMidi) because it was pulled in as some transitive
dependency.

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser