[packman] nepomukservicestub crashes with kdenlive

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 11:17:49 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am running kdenlive-0.8-1.5.x86_64 (with dependencies from packman) on
KDE-4.6.5 (from the KDE:Release46 OBS repository).

I experience nepomukservicestub crashes during the import of DV video from my
camcorder (at the 1GB file splits) and during project rendering to VOB
(sometimes during the render but always at the end).

Although kdenlive reports that the rendered file will be corrupted I have not
found that to be the case and the imports seem fine.

I appreciate that this might not be packman related but there must be others
on this list who use a kdenlive/kmediafactory/k3b workflow like me and may
have seen the same crashes. Event better, they may know of a solution.

I hesitate at pointing the finger directly at KDE-4.6.5 and/or nepomukservice
stub because I don't experience these crashes elsewhere including the infamous
nepomukservicestub crash at logout.

TIA,
Neil Darlow