[packman] kmediafactory unavailable for 12.1

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Sun Nov 20 16:11:12 CET 2011

On 20 November 2011 07:38, todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Scott Newton <scottn at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>> Can someone please add this to the 12.1 build list. It is in 11.4.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> It is in the build list, it is just failing to compile.  It is having
> the same linker errors I have been seeing in many other packages, both
> on packman and on the official build service instance.

We should fix it anyway ;-)

> /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld:
> note: 'KUrlRequester::url() const' is defined in DSO
> /usr/lib64/libkio.so.5 so try adding it to the linker command line
> /usr/lib64/libkio.so.5: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> This isn't KDE-related, I have seen this sort of linker problem for
> other libraries as well.

It is the new GNU ld behavior, it was proposed by openSUSE... The
error message already says how to fix it.

I am surprised that somebody is still using DVDs but I fixed the build
and a couple of things (now KMediaFactory project files should open
with KMediaFactory when clicking over them in Dolphin, can use
dvdauthor 0.7, etc.).