[packman] Jitsi-repo

oldcpu oldcpu at opensuse-forums.org
Sat May 14 14:43:33 CEST 2011

I would also like to see this application packaged on a more
regular/consistent basis for openSUSE.

I note from its website (http://www.jitsi.org/) that it is under heavy
development with their being nightly builds.  The download page of the
site notes they are interested in working with different GNU/Linux
distributions to package Jitsi :

There is an 'rpm' on the site for download, but its 64-bit rpm packages
have all its libraries and .jar (java apps) in /usr/lib/jitsi/ which is
contrary to the openSUSE approach (where I believe 64-bit libraries
usually go in /usr/lib64 and where I think on openSUSE java .jar files
go in /usr/share/java/ ) . So I do not want to install the rpm from the
jitsi web site.  I then looked at the source files on the Jtisi site to
see if it was easy for a non-packager/average-user to build, but then I
noted it required java beans to install , and ergo it is not so easy for
the average user to install this application.

Hence a packager who understands this and who could liaise with Jitsi
developers for packaging this application would be useful.

Thus I echo Al Bogner's request.

Lee
aka oldcpu