[packman] dvdstyler 1.8.3-1.pm.2.4 crashes during menu creation

Dave Plater davejplater at gmail.com
Mon May 2 23:08:32 CEST 2011

On 05/02/2011 11:23 AM, Steve Wallis wrote:
> On 04/29/2011 05:24 PM, Bryan Thoreson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running OpenSUSE 11.3 x86_64 and recently installed the latest version
> of DVDStyler 1.8.3  When I go to create an ISO it crashes.  If I
>> remove all the menus the ISO will be created correctly.  I have
> dvdauthor07 0.7.0-1.pm.1.2 installed.I had the same problem on OpenSuse
> 11.4.
> As a work around the problem can be cured by adding a music file to the main
> menu.
>

> See this link:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdstyler/forums/forum/318795/topic/4399453
>

> Steve Wallis

Have you tried pre ffmpeg encoded video files with menus? I used to get many failures using DVDStyler to encode videos so I always pre
encode them with ffmpeg. The 6 series dvdauthor is still available on Packman, in fact looking over dvdauthor, there doesn't seem to be any
reason why it can't be in openSUSE except that there's nothing to use it that's allowed.

Dave