[packman] Jitsi-repo

Al Bogner suse-linux at ml082.pinguin.uni.cc
Sun Mar 27 14:50:58 CEST 2011

Jitsi (ex sip-communicator) is one of the best SIP and messenger
programm, written in Java, I found. At the moment the rpm-version is
unmaintained. It would be great, if jitsi could be added by Packman.

Unfortunately I had problems to install it with Opensuse. I think there
must be a few modifications made with the dependencies, eg:

"java >= 1.5.0", and not "java >= 1:1.5.0"

For people who use messenger services and SIP, jitsi is my 1st
recommendation. Jitis is the simplest way, because of 1 app, for audio
via sip and audio via xmpp.

So is there anyone, who will build jitsi for Opensuse?

Al