[packman] broadcom-wl package with a BCM4313 card

Németh Tamás nice at titanic.nyme.hu
Fri Mar 18 14:04:13 CET 2011

Dear Packman team!

 I've installed your broadcom-wl-kmp-desktop package on a new openSUSE 11.4.
The wl.ko driver of this package IS ABLE to drive my BCM4313 card despite it's
not listed in the package description and in the documentation of the package
broadcom-wl.

This card is originall driven by the kernel module 'brcm80211' which is not
listed in the /etc/modprobe.d/50-broadcom-wl-blacklist.conf file in the
package broadcom-wl.

So, I ask you to consider the following:

-What about adding 'blacklist brcm80211' to /etc/modprobe.d/50-broadcom-wl-
blacklist.conf in the package broadcom-wl?

-What about making all broadcom-wl-kmp-* packages depend on broadcom-wl, so
when anyone installs a kernel module package then install the module
blacklisting package automatically.

Thank you in advance,

Tamás Németh
IT sysadmin