[packman] Unpacking of archive failed: cpio: read

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Sat Mar 12 17:51:25 CET 2011

2011/3/12 Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org>:
> We had some issues with a few workers the last days, where some
> builds were repeatidly failing with the following error message:
> unpacking of archive failed: cpio: read
>
> We didn't quite find the cause (there were corrupt RPMs in the
> worker cache and in the remote cache on pmbs), but did find a
> workaround, even if crude (deleting the remotecache and the
> workercache).
>
> So if you do see packages fail with that message, please poke
> either Detlef or I, as we have to ssh into the workers and
> delete the cache.

http://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/live_build_log?arch=x86_64&package=gstreamer-0_10-doc&project=Essentials&repository=openSUSE_11.3
"error: unpacking of archive failed on file
/usr/share/texmf/doc/latex/mathmode/Mathmode.pdf;4d7ba06f: cpio: read
failed - Bad file descriptor"

But gstreamer-0_10-doc has different errors in each openSUSE version/arch build,
http://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/live_build_log?arch=x86_64&package=gstreamer-0_10-doc&project=Essentials&repository=openSUSE_11.4
"getbinaries: missing packages: perl-SGMLS"