[packman] SimpleVoc-OPEN: new application for PackMan portal

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Thu Mar 10 02:10:59 CET 2011

On 2011-03-09 08:41:01 (+0000), Wolfgang Helisch <W.Helisch at triagens.de> wrote:
> Dear Ladies or Sirs,

Hi

> we would like to integrate our application into your portal in
> order to make it available to OpenSUSE users.
> It is an in-memory key/value store with a REST interface and
> some unique features.
[...]
> See attached SPEC file
> "packman.simplevoc-open.opensuse-11.spec" which creates the
> package for OpenSUSE 11.2 / 11.3 and i686 / x86_64
> architectures.
> Of course we would also do the maintenance of the package at
> PackMan.

Mind me asking, but why would you want it to be hosted at
Packman?

If the license is OSI compliant, the openSUSE Build Service
instance at build.opensuse.org would be a better fit in my
opinion (you can also build for CentOS, RHEL, etc... there).

build.opensuse.org has many more mirrors, a geo-aware download
redirector, more platforms to build for, and more hardware
resources than we do.

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser