[packman] Packman mirror issue

Don Raboud don.raboud at ualberta.ca
Tue Mar 8 14:04:22 CET 2011

Gentlemen,

I hope I am directing this to the right people...

I picked a bad time to update (zypper up) my opensuse 11.3 apparently,
I was unaware that packman was currently undergoing significant changes.
I current have 29 updates that can't be found where zypper is looking for them under

<http://mirror.geht-schon.de/packman.links2linux.de/suse/11.3>

They do however seem to exist under

<http://mirror.geht-schon.de/packman.links2linux.de/suse/openSUSE_11.3/Essentials/>

but zypper isn't looking for them there.

I suspect this is a misconfiguration or temporary problem at the mirror site,
which may still go away on its own, but I thought I should report just in case...

Warmest regards (and sincere thanks for all the great work you do),

Don R.