[packman] kaffeine for KDE 4

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Mar 1 20:41:32 CET 2011

Am Montag, 28. Februar 2011 schrieb todd rme:
> KDE 4 has been out for a while now.  Perhaps now would be a good time
> to reverse the kaffeine program names, that is change kde4-kaffeine
>  to kaffeine and change kaffeine to kde3-kaffeine.

The package itselve is build as kde3-kaffeine (kde3) and kaffeine (kde4)
when you use openSUSE >= 11.2 (when kde4 in openSUSE gets useable). It
doesn't matter what name the Project on the OBS or the Website.

>  Or perhaps just get rid of the KDE 3 version entirely.

When the KDE4 version has nearly the same features, the window can be
reduced to a acceptable size (it's much to wide in the minmum size) and
the users do not ask for the kde3 version.

> Is there a reason kaffeine even needs to be in there, since it is
> already available directly from openSUSE?

openSUSE 11.1 had no kde4 kaffeine
openSUSE 11.2 was shipped with 1.0pre2, I wouldn't call this version
useable
openSUSE 11.3 included 1.0pre3, isn't this reason enought for a update?

so 11.4 is the only openSUSE we can discous about the need of a packman
package.

> Does the packman version
> have some advantages over the normal version?  It seems like the
> openSUSE version has a number of patches not found in the packman
> version.

It's the "normal" version.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/