[packman] Packman is becoming like a leaky boat full of patches.

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sat Jun 18 17:06:10 CEST 2011

Am Samstag, 18. Juni 2011 schrieb Dave Plater:
> On 06/18/2011 12:57 PM, Ismail Doenmez wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > On 06/18/2011 12:33 PM, Dave Plater wrote:
> >> Hi, I'm trying to find abi problems in mjpegtools and a source
> >> install of it brings this into the fold, libswscale_oldabi0
> >> What's it for?
> >
> > Seems to be due to new FFmpeg mess, libav bumped ABI in the
> > upcoming release and FFmpeg people merged it but with one
> > difference, they also wanted to do a release with the old ABI,
> > which explains the oldabi tag there.
> >
> > This is just another reason to switch to libav and be done, *sigh*
>
> There's also an ffmpeg mess in videolan's repos to make my day even
> better. I'd better get away from this computer before the build
> service adds broken servers.
> So libswscale_oldabi0 actually comes from the ffmpeg build?

libswscale.so.0 build from ffmpeg master and ffmpeg oldabi branches are
no longer compatible. I don't have the time/knowledge to port all our
programms to be compatible with the new abi, so we need to provide both
abi version. To provide both libs I've created the subpackages
libswscale0 out of the ffmpeg master branch package and
libswscale_oldabi0.
If you compile against a package which is build against ffmpeg-oldabi,
you should add a "BuildRequires: libswscale_oldabi0" entry, otherwise
use "BuildRequires: libswscale0".

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/