[packman] MPlayer issues with DivX and VDPAU

Carlos H. Costa carlos.h.costa at uol.com.br
Fri Jan 21 13:54:12 CET 2011

Hello,

I've noticed a small problem with MPlayer (current version dev-SVN-r32749-4.4 / 1.0rc4_r32749-1.pm.2.2).

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 card, and it only has support for vdpau feature set A, which doesn't support ffodivxvdpau.

Since the update, when I try to play DivX videos, MPlayer forces ffodivxvdpau, when it should be using ffodivx... The only workaround is to disable vdpau completely, which is really annoying.

Shouldn't MPlayer recognize the video chipset and not force ffodivxvdpau if it's not supported?

Thank you for your attention,

Carlos H. Costa

Carlos Henrique Costa Barbosa
mailto:carlos.h.costa at uol.com.br