[packman] Plan for 11.1 continued packman packager support ?

oldcpu oldcpu at opensuse-forums.org
Thu Jan 13 23:39:24 CET 2011

Is there a plan for continued packman support to openSUSE-11.1 for a
while longer given:

(1) SuSE-GmbH support has stopped, but

(2) Evergreen project has adopted 11.1 for its trial of Long Term Support.

I know Evergreen is intended to be more server based at this stage. But
there are some of us who are desktop users who for various reasons are
not able to update a PC of ours to a version of openSUSE newer than
11.1, and we would still like to enjoy as many 11.1 packages that the
packman packagers are able to provide.

I suspect the answer is tied into the plan (?) for continued OBS support
for 11.1 (and I don't know what that is).

Apologies if I missed an announcement here, but if there is curiosity as
to what some 11.1 users think, then with myself as one 11.1 user I do
note it would be great if packman packager support could continue in
11.1 (where it is still practical (given 11.1's age)).

Lee
aka oldcpu