[packman] Paketfehler?

Sascha Peilicke saschpe at gmx.de
Mon Jan 3 17:21:17 CET 2011

On Thursday 30 December 2010 13:05:21 Wil Ballerstedt wrote:
> Hallo Leute,
>
> seit Anfang(?) Dezember meldet openSUSE 11.3 (64 Bit) bei der
> Aktualisierung diesen Fehler:
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> „Subprocess failed. Error: RPM fehlgeschlagen: warning:
> /var/cache/zypp/packages/Packman/noarch/python-
> distribute-0.6.14-1.pm.4.1.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID
> 9a795806: NOKEY
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-
> packages/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.6.egg-info: cpio: rename failed - Is a
> directory
>
> -----------------------------------
>
> Danach kommt ein weiteres Fenster (Installation fehlgeschlagen), welches
> aber keinen weiteren Text liefert. Es bezieht sich auf die obige Datei.
>
> Schönes 011 allen euch ;).
>
> Wil Ballerstedt

My guess is that the package changed from/to 'BuildRequires: python-
setuptools'. Whether you use it or not changes the way the egg-info is
generated. It's either a file or a directory and RPM is unable to replace a
file with a dir of the same name or vice versa.

Uninstalling the package and installing it fixes the issue for you, although
it's a packaging error.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Sascha Peilicke