[packman] Why do we build libcaca ?

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Fri Feb 25 20:43:04 CET 2011

Is there a specific reason why we build libcaca in our
repository ? (currently in Essentials)

We build 0.99.beta17
11.4 has 0.99.beta17
11.3 has 0.99.beta16
11.2 has 0.99.beta16
11.1 has 0.99.beta13b

There is no "special" dependency in it, so there is no
"uncrippling" reason to build it ourselves.

Is it just because < 11.4 have older versions ?
If so, wouldn't it be okay to build against 0.99.beta16 on 11.3
and 11.2 ? (rather than introducing an upgrade side-effect in
Essentials)

Please let me know if there is a good reason of having the
latest in our repository (other than the above, in which case I
will only build libcaca for 11.1 and SLE_11 :)).

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org>
  /\\ http://opensuse.org -- I took the green pill