[packman] Claws Mail 3.8.0 unleashed!!

Guido Berhoerster guido+links2linux.de at berhoerster.name
Sat Dec 31 11:26:43 CET 2011

* Detlef Reichelt <detlef at die-mafia.de> [2011-12-30 23:06]:
> Am Fri, 30 Dec 2011 18:47:46 +0100
> schrieb Mariusz Fik <fisiu82 at jabster.pl>:
>
> > No. If it doesn't require any restricted 'stuff' it should be in main
> > OSS. Even it was hosted by packman for years...
>
> Ok, found claws-mail in gnome-apps:
>
> 187 packages
> 141 build errors
>
> Oh, great repository!
>
> Thats the problem of OBS, many repos and many errors, "fire and
> forget"...

Removing a package without contacting the maintainer is certainly
not appropriate behavior, however, claws-mail seems to have been
in Factory forever, why was there even a separate Packman
package? I'd also argue that the shape of the development project
doesn't matter, people can get it either through the oss repo of
a released version or through Tumbleweed/Factory if they want to
live on the bleeding edge.

But more generally it would be helpful if there was some
consensus among Packman contributors what the scope of Packman
actually should be. Currently everyone seems to have a different
perception of that and things have changed considerably since the
project was founded.
--
Guido Berhoerster