[packman] Broken faac?

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sun Aug 28 22:40:07 CEST 2011

Am Sonntag, 28. August 2011 schrieb Administrator:
> > > I'm trying to use FAAC on OS 11.3 and always get the message
> > > "WARNING: MP4 support unavailable!".  This seems to be because
> > > libmp4v2 isn't present, but I've installed it (also from
> > > packman). Is faac broken or is there something I need to change
> > > to make it work?
> >
> > Works for me.
> > openSUSE 11.3 x86_64
> > faac-1.28-3.pm.6.3.x86_64
> > libmp4v2-1-1.9.1-0.pm.1.4.x86_64
>
> Hi Kyrill, thanks for your comment.  I'll try uninstalling the other
> libmp4v2 (which came from vlc) and see if that fixes it.

It's allways a bad idea to mix packman and vlc repos.

faac is build with mp4v2 support, here's the part of the configure log:

checking whether MP4Create is declared... yes
checking for MP4MetadataDelete in -lmp4v2... yes
checking whether MP4MetadataDelete is declared... yes
checking for MP4MetadataDelete in -lmp4v2... (cached) yes
configure: *** Building with external mp4v2 ***

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/