[packman] [opensuse-factory] make it just work

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Mon Apr 11 18:52:48 CEST 2011

Hello, packman guys :-)

I send you this mail because I don't want to continue an unusefull
discussion with greg (KH) - his answer is there just in case you
didn't read it.

Fact is packman is (in my own opinion) a main opensuse repository, I
could do none of my work without it.

But the status of packman in opensuse (at least versus bugzilla - I
know of the legal discussion) is not clear.

There seems not to be any clearly defined way to report bugs for
multimedia applications. Of course when packaging is the matter
(dependency problem, for example), it seems normal to write to this
list, but what when it's a more complex bug, when the reporter don't
know if the bug is in the main package or some library or other called
application?

The situation is even more funny when I read on the same thread "I
closed the bug as wontfix because it is from packman, then I fixed the
bug in packman" from the same people. This shows there is no clear
separation between opensuse and packman (and I'm very glad of this!).

well. I try to makes it more easy to fix bugs on multimdia
applications. may be if they are not fixed it's because reporting is
too difficult :-((

what di you think? how could we improve the bug reporting?

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net