[packman] openSUSE 11.1 x86_64 Repo inconsistent?

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Wed Nov 24 23:16:55 CET 2010

On 2010-11-24 15:03:32 (+0100), Manfred Hollstein <manfred.h at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, 01:09:40 +0100, rlee wrote:
> > There was a long discussion on the legality of libfaac it turned out  that
> > Packman could not keep its version of libfaac so it was switched off. The
> > discussion was about ffmpeg. You'll find it under that subject in the
> > archives, the date for the thread was around Nov 16.
>
> thanks for the reply. I've now looked at the thread and fully understand
> that the package has been pulled and appreciate re-configuring/-building
> packages like ffmpeg to not rely on libfaac, but, as MPlayer and avidemux,
> at least, also require "libfaac.so.0", I hope similar tidying will be
> done for such packages, too. Does anybody know, if so and when?

Which mirror are you using for the Packman repository ?

As rlee pointed out, faac support has indeed been removed from ffmpeg,
but the faac/libfaac packages are still built and published.

I just checked on our primary server and the RPM packages are there
indeed.

Smells like something is fishy with the mirror (or the repository
metadata).

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org>