[packman] [PM] ffmpeg 0.6.25512svn-2.pm.3.1 (openSUSE 11.3/x86_64)

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Nov 16 12:09:19 CET 2010

Manfred Tremmel <manfred at ...> writes:

> > Any reason why libopenjpeg is not enabled? It is impossible to decode
> >  jpg2k without it.
>
> Compile errors when I've tried last time.

I believe I remember now what the problem is:
OpenJPEG upstream has two locations for its header file, depending on which make
you use, make or cmake. (I reported this upstream some time ago, I would welcome
if somebody else does it too, what I did wrong was to request changing the cmake
location, it would also be fine if they just made the two install into the same
directory, no matter which.)

Unfortunately, Packman and FFmpeg do not agree on which location to use. My
suggestion would be to add a symlink from /usr/include/openjpeg.h to
/usr/include/openjpeg/openjpeg.h to libopenjpeg-devel-1.3-0.pm.5.1, but
--extra-cflags=-I/usr/include/openjpeg should also work (please report if not).

Or do you have another problem? It compiles fine for me.

Carl Eugen