[packman] [PM] kde4-kdenlive

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sun Mar 28 12:59:58 CEST 2010

Am Sonntag, 28. März 2010 schrieb Tom Krupenkin:
> Dear Toni,
>
> I would greatly appreciate your help in resolving the kde4-kdenlive
> packaging issues in OpenSUSE 11.1 / 11.2 It looks like a lot of people
> including myself have timeline snapping problem which renders kdenlive
> unusable. The consensus appears to be that this is a packaging issue,
> see
> http://www.kdenlive.org/forum/timeline-does-not-represent-what-plays-back
> for detailed description. In my particular case I am running 64 bit
> OpenSUSE 11.1 and
>
> kde4-kdenlive-0.7.7.1-0.pm.1.13.x86_64.rpm
> libqt4-4.6.0-77.2
> kdebase4-runtime-4.3.4-4.4
>
> Is there any way you can update your Packman packages to resolve the
> timeline issue? Thanks a lot.
no, we build all our packages against the original SuSE packages, the only
solution for me is to drop the kdenlive packages for 11.1 and 11.2 for now.
They need newer versions of kde/qt packages.

openSuSE-11.1 ships with qt4-4.4.3
openSuSE-11.2 ships with qt4-4.5.3
and both versins shows this problem, upstream should add the version check for
qt4-4.6.x....

A solution for you:
grab the src.rpm and do a local recompile against the newer qt4 libraries.

--
have fun
Toni