[packman] [PM] Jalbum 8.7.2-0.pm.1.1 (openSUSE 11.2/i586)

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sat Mar 27 21:26:53 CET 2010

Am Samstag, 27. März 2010 schrieb Ralf Hartings:
> Hi,
>
> I dowloaded your rpm Jalbum-8.7.2-0.pm.1.1.i586.rpm
> <http://packman.links2linux.de/download/Jalbum/546688/Jalbum-8.7.2-0.pm.1.1
>.i586.rpm> from http://packman.links2linux.de/package/Jalbum and installed
> it in my CentOs 5.4 installtion and I got the following errors/missing file
> information:
>
>     Missing Dependency: metadata-extractor is needed by package
>     Jalbum-8.7.2-0.pm.1.1.i586 (/Jalbum-8.7.2-0.pm.1.1.i586)
>     Missing Dependency: jlayer is needed by package
>     Jalbum-8.7.2-0.pm.1.1.i586 (/Jalbum-8.7.2-0.pm.1.1.i586)
>
> I contacted David Ekholm at Jalbum and he asked me to ask you to include
> these files in your rpm package. These file are apparently available in
> the Suse distribution, but not in the RedHat/CentOS distributions.
yes, the  provided packages is for OpenSuSE only.

And the two packages jlayer and metadata-extractor are also prvided in our
repsitory. You can try to install them too, but than you'll need other
packages ... and so we end up in a mega-package containing the most SuSE
packages :)
I hope you see that this is no solution for you. Try to install the Jalbum
installer frm their website instead of forcing packages in your system. Even
if you could install all required packages, it won't work as your
distribution won't provide the needed java-infrastructure for a SuSE package
layout.

--
have fun
Toni