[packman] Wine MP3 support in Packman (Was: Wine, from which project to branch?)

Cristian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Tue Mar 2 19:14:10 CET 2010

Hi,

Wine includes a MP3 codec that uses mpg123, that isn't available in the OBS.
I was going to patch the openSUSE wine package to add a build
conditional so Packman could link it and rebuild wine with the codec.
But Marcus, wine package maintainer, did something better:

2010/3/2 Marcus Meissner <meissner at suse.de>:
> I have created the Emulators:Wine/wine-mp3 source package.
>
> It is not building in OBS, but you can link from Packman BS to it
> and have it build there (just i586 for now).
>
> It will do a standalone build of the dlls/winemp3.acm/ directory for just
> plugging it into the system.
>
> The wine and wine-snapshot packages will get a Recommends: wine-mp3 so that
> it gets pulled in.
>
> I did local testbuilds on Emulators:Wine/wine-mp3 and it seems to work.

So, does Packman have any problem adding this package to its Build
Service? If a maintainer is needed, I can do it (even if there is
little to do, Marcus is the real maintainer).