[packman] FFmpeg

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Tue Jun 29 20:06:10 CEST 2010

Am Montag, 28. Juni 2010 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

> I saw you updated to FFmpeg 0.6

That's right. I've also build 0.5 release when it came out. I've updated
to svn after security problems where known in the vrsion and no update
was released.

> I would suggest not to use released versions, but to continue
>  updating to latest svn whenever new features are available (that
>  would be AAC+v2 aka Parametric Stereo atm).

It's not easy to keep all programms working with new svn snapshots. Not
seldom api changes make it necessary to patch programms. I would be glad
to keep 0.6 for a while.

> Consider --disable-libavfilter when building the ffmpeg executable.

avfilter is enabled.

> And btw, the libavfilter summary is wrong and all summaries spell
>  FFmpeg wrongly.

I'll fix this with the next rebuild. I've named it ffmpeg but rpmlint
was not happy with it, so I've replased the first f with a upercase F.

PS: If you want to have the latest snapshots, just take a look at
    http://packman.jacobs-university.de/suse/testing/xine-cvs/
    It's my personal testing tree with daily snapshots of libxine
    and needed libs (like ffmpeg and x264).

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/